Friday 22 February 2008

How you make me feel

I remember when I saw you yesterday.
A smile danced on my lips,
My heart leaped for joy as we briefly brushed each other.
Your gaze met mine; it felt like some unseen force held our eyes together,
The twinkle in your eyes inducing a corresponding twinkle in mine.
I am so in love with a handsome stranger!
I could well be on cloud nine or eleven.......well whatever,
The thought of you always lingering in my mind.
My heart beats faster when you're around but at the same time my
Body unwinds from tension and stress.
You walked into my life so easily,
Stealing the keys to unlock my heart.
You swiped me off my feet calmly,
And now I'm head over heels!
I still wonder how a perfect gentleman could generate
Such strong emotions in me...
The art of romance, the song of love; you've effortlessly mastered the skills.
I take pleasure in your cuddle.
Having your arm around me in that warm hug,
Sends a tingle down my spine but at the same time
a sense of protection settles in my mind.
Tiny, pretty butterflies make themselves at home in my stomach, as my heart connects with yours; the chemistry becoming increasingly stronger.
When we are together in the midst of a boisterous crowd,
It feels like we are alone in our world....this magical world!
An overwhelming feeling of ecstasy and excitement
Clouds my mentation of reality.
That's how you make me feel.


© The poets voice~~~ February 2008, All rights reserved.

0 lyrically composed words: